Sunday, December 2, 2012

{TSG184} Gift Tags

Hello! I used this weeks There She Goes Challenge (#184- hosted by Wendy) to take the opportunity to make some gift tags for my kidlet's Christmas presents.



The Just for You dies make whipping up tags fast and easy! For each tag I used one DP and one white CS die cut, and adhered them together to add a little strength. I stamped the sentiment from the No Peeking! set on the small flag die. The circle stamps and little images are all from the No Peeking! set as well. I punched the circles out with a SU circle punch and matted with a larger circle cut with my nesties. 


Here is a closeup of one of the tags. I coloured them all with copics and added a bit of stickles and/or glaze to each one, just to give them a little sparkle! I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole and add an eyelet to each tag and then threaded some Oyster Divine Twine (The Cat's Pyjamas) through. These really are not fancy, as there will be 3 completely crazed little boys ripping them off their gifts on Christmas morning, so I really don't want to make anything to time/money consuming. I do want to hand-make their tags, but don't want to make them a 'labour of love' in that I am fretting over my coffee, worrying about the tags, rather than taking in the joy of watching them tear into their prezzies! KWIM? Keep it simple when making anything for children or people that you *think might not fully appreciate the act of a handmade gift!


And here is the back of the tags. I used the 'To:/From:" from the set Holly Jolly.



Play along with us this week for your chance at some TSG bucks! Check out the blog for more info :)

1 comment:

Gisela said...

Love your tags Jenny, cute mini images.