Thursday, November 1, 2012

{YNS Fun Friday} Bookmark for Ryan

Hello! This month's theme for YOUR NEXT STAMP's Fun Friday is GIFT GIVING! How fun! Making something handmade for someone special is always so fun and rewarding!  I have an avid little reader in my life, my 8 yr old son Ryan. He pretty much just started reading one day. No word of a lie. He came home from school one day and could read! He'd probably been in grade one for less than a month, and BAM! I was shocked! We read alot to him before bed, but he never tried to read along or sound out anything.....He reads completely by memorization and word recognition, not phonetically, like they teach in school. So yeah, I guess that's why he could 'all of the sudden' just read! And he's been non-stop ever since! He just pulled C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia off MY bookshelf, so we'll see how he does with that one- it's practically bigger than he is!

 I used some fun stamps from YNS (Space Boy, Love To Read) as well as the Bookmark Tag die


I wanted to the astronaut to appear like he is coming right out of the pages of the book!


 I used some MFT dies to cut out the letters for Ryan's name, just to personalize it. I am going to have it laminated to protect it! Some bakers twine finish it off.




Check out the YNS BLOG for more designer projects!

1 comment:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

LOVE this, Jenny! Now I want to make one exactly like it for Carter! :)