Monday, October 10, 2011

TCP New Release Blog Hop/TCPTUES180


Whoo Hoo! New stamps from The Cat's Pajamas are in the house!!! You can now purchase these amazingly cute stamps and dies at the TCP store! And just to add to the fun, the catpackers are taking you on a blog hop! You should have arrived here via our newest kitty-on-the-block, Nancy Thomas!And we are combining this hop with a really great TCP Tuesday sketch brought to us by the lovely Leigh:)
Here is the sketch that got our creative juices flowing....


I used Go Bananas and the one of the frames from the new Cutup die Circus Panels for my sentiment. I cheated a bit and went with a banana pinwheel instead of the big star;)


Super-quick image to colour up! And lots of different ways to stamp this one out:) I hand cut some bananas out of dp and bent them a bit in the centre to add some dimension, then inked all the edges, as well as the fold. I mounted the image circle panel on a piece of burlap (are bananas wrapped in something like this in the crates? I don't know, but I'd like to think that I got a little 'feeling' going here;)....lots of Beige linen thread and clusters of buttons set off the sentiment oval.

  

 On the inside, I stamped the tiny bananas that come with the set for an all-over pattern and stamped another sentiment over top.
Okay- that's it for me! Next up on the hop is Stamping Royalty Julie Masse!
And remember to play along with this weeks TCP Tuesday Challenge for your chance to be crowned our Swanky Stamper and you might be joining us on the next hop!

9 comments:

Makalah said...

oh my goodness! this is so creative! and hand-cutting all those bananas...sounds, well, bananas! :P

ps. love the saying "let's monkey around" for a card, but I have a feeling my SO would get tired of getting only monkey cards (because I probably wouldn't use that saying with many people!) haha!

Alma de la Rosa said...

You definitely got a theme going here. Love all the texture in this card and all the sponging.

Laura said...

Love the card and all the layers and stitching! By the way, would you mind sharing what sewing machine you use?
Thanks and congrats on being so creative!

Leigh OBrien said...

Ingenious, girlfriend! Love those B-A-N-A-N-A-S! It's bananas...just like you! (In a good way, of course!)

Nancy Thomas said...

Love those dang bananas - you are one creative individual!!

Anonymous said...

PLEASE let me drop the f-bomb here as this card so deserves it!!!! OMG girlfriend...no worries about me taking your job now that's for sure!!! LOL Truly perfection!

Michele Boyer said...

You are SO clever to use bananas in place of the star!! LOVE your stuff!

deanna swanson said...

going banana's for this card Jenny!! tee hee ;) LOVE it!

g said...

totally swingin' (sorry-i couldn't refuse!! love your banana pinwheel & the burlap- it's all so fun inside & out!