Friday, July 22, 2011

{VLVJUL2011} Welcome Baby Boy

Today I have a card that I initially made for the Get Your Diva On challenge for Verve Stamps, but I misread the deadline and didn't have it done in time. Luckily, I made it using the Viva La Verve sketch for July, week 3, so it still qualifies for something.
My mom asked me to make her a baby card for her friends daughter, who just had a little boy. The GYDO challenge was to use a gift card and make a fun project surrounding that. I LOVE BabyGap and have always had a soft spot for their little brown teddy, and I have been waiting for the right time to ink up To The Moon stamp set, so this was a match made in Heaven! lol
As I said, I used the VLV sketch for this one, making it a standard sized card with a spot on the inside to place the GC.



I used some old SU! dp and silver and shimmer white CS (the GC is sparkly white IRL). Floral Circles die set  flowers were cut from green and brown felt, and an SU! chocolate button threaded with hemp twine was attached. I used spellbinders tags to cut the sentiments in two different sizes and used them in place of the leaves on the sketch. The bear is coloured with copics (E25,27,29) and popped up on dimensionals to look like he is peeking out the window. A SU clip 'hangs' the frame.
I embossed the silver circle panel with a cuttlebug folder, matted it with Not Quite Navy CS and adhered the flower and tag embellie. Machine zig zag stitching with chocolate thread finishes it off.




Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

What an adorable card! I need to make a baby card for a boy soon--like this weekend--and this is just the card to CASE! I love all the different textures mingling on your card and, WOW, you're awesome with a sewing machine. TFS