Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Places You'll Go!

Hey friends! Thought I'd share some projects that I made for The Cat's Pajamas new release PJ Party that I made a few weeks back. This little wall hanging was one of the projects that I showcased at the SCS party and I forgot haven't gotten around to blogging about it (thanks for the reminder Jackie!).

I made this for my littlest guy, Hayes. His room is pretty un-themed, whereas my bigger boys have a cowboy room and a nautical room. I used the newly released sets 'Flutter By' and 'Away We Go', as well as numerous Cutup dies to make my little scene (Pennant, Cloud border (currently out of stock), Grass, Apron, Sunflower Rosette, Wave).




Tons of texture and dimension on this little project!! As you may have noticed, the little guy on the ground is the 'Flutter By' bunny, minus the butterfly net (I simply didn't ink that portion of the stamp)...I thought he really looked like he was waving to someone up in the air, and the idea for this pairing was born;) Plus the hot air balloon bunny looks like he/she is looking down at something, and I really loved how this turned out! There were a few bumps in the road with this one, like the joining of the sea and land, but I placed the bunny over the 'crack' and all better:)
I used the larger of the Pennant dies to make the mountains, just cutting off the bottoms for different heights, and cutting just tops for the peaks (I embossed with different folders for some fun texture). I cut the Cloud Border into individual clouds and placed them flat and on levels of dimensionals for depth. The sun is made using the Sunflower Rosette die. I placed a shim in my 'sandwich' to increase the pressure and the raised dots on the center flower became perforated so you can see the orange layer underneath (a punched circle). The rays around the sun is actually the Apron cutup die, adhered to the back of the circle with score-tape and curved around the edge. I used many strips of Grass and Wave cutups, all with dimsionals and foam tape, giving each layer more height than the previous (there is so much height, that I actually had to cut a strip of CS and adhere it around the waves and grass, along the sides and bottom of the plaque so you couldn't see all the layers of paper and tape!)
I used baby-braddies on the balloon, and layered up the balloon quite a bit as well. Wide, striped twill  ribbon through large antique eyelets allow for hanging on the wall.


Other supplies not mentioned above- Copics, MME dp, EK Success punch (used for 'sand' and snow peaks), ribbon and eyelets (SU), CS- xpress, SU, brads- MFT

4 comments:

Vivian Lindsay said...

This card is awesome!! WOW!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is RIDICULOUSLY fabulous Jenny! LOVE the mountain range...I could look at this all day!

Vickie Z said...

Love those mountains and the dimensional balloon!! Fabulous!!

Roxana said...

so funny!