Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

Hey friends- Happy Canada Day to all:) Should be a beautiful one here in central AB! I think we are doing a BBQ and then maybe hit some fireworks somewhere...
And in other news, I have an exciting announcement on the stamping front.....Karen from Your Next Stamp asked me to be her Guest DT for the month of July! Now, if you see my 'labels' on my sidebar, you might have noticed that I have only made ONE card with a YNS stamp...And Karen just so happened to notice that card and shot me a message! What luck! I do love YNS and have admired them for a long time, but alas, there is a budget, so I only had 2 stamps from this sweet little company! Well, thanks to Karen, I now have a few more and am so excited to put them to good use! Imagine my joy when my favorite YNS image was included in my package...You all probably know I have 3 little people that follow me around like shadows all day, so any cute little boy images tug at my heart-strings;) So 'Fetch' was in the number one spot on my wish list! I used him and his loyal pup to make my nephew, Brody, a birthday card. He turns 5 tomorrow and I coloured up this little fella to look like my fun, little red-headed nephew (although Brody's dog is a huge black lab and not a little brown lap-dog;) No biggie! I also used the 'You're so Cool' sentiment from the set of the same name (comes with a cute little bug).

I had a wee bit o' trouble with this card! First i stamped and coloured this guy and his dog. Then I cut the panel out with a wonky rectangle spellbinders die, masked off the coloured image and airbrushed the clouds. I then somehow drew all over the clouds with my copic marker. I fixed it as much as I could with my colourless blender, then when airbrushing the grass, I got green all over the sky! Grrrr!! So I had to cut everything out and attach them to a new wonky panel. That's right about the time my aircan ran dry (I WANT a compressor!), so onto the sponging! Finally I was able to adhere the little guy/dog down with dimensionals to pop them up a bit. I paper-pierced around the inner edge of the panel (something thats adds interest to masculine cards when ribbon and flowers just aren't gonna happen). I stamped the sentiment in two separate chunks on TCP's new cloud border Cutup die (that's also how I sponged the clouds in, as well as the grass Cutup for the grass). The clouds are popped up with dimensionals in various heights. The dp is one of the new MME Lime Twist pads.



I'm sure you're going to see alot of this company in the coming weeks on my blog! So, so fun and cute kid stamps are right up my alley! There's also the most hilarious donkey that is going to be coming to live with me real soon;) Check out the YNS store and play along in Wednesday challenges to win some prizes!
Sketch- The Deconstructed Sketch 7

2 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

This is ADORABLE Jenny!! Happy Canada Day!@

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

So CUTE! Thank you for joining us Jenny! I just adore your fabulous creations!
Hugs
Karen