Friday, May 27, 2011

{TCPTUES160} Baby Bear & Balloons

Well, what do you know!? I have another card to show you using the fabulous sketch from Leigh O' Brien for The Cat's Pajamas Tuesday challenges. This is such a fun sketch that it was easy to whip another card out using it...so what the heck are you waiting for? There's still a few more days to get your submission in and fame and fortune could be yours!!
Again, here is the sketch:

I have a few friends that will be having baby girls in the near future...ahhh- the power of a 3D Ultrasound! And I do love this little 'Big Bear' from the 'Catch my Drift' set for baby cards, so I inked him, or her in this case, up and got to work. I paper-pieced the balloons with scraps, and used a really nice, soft pallette for the baby feel. And guess what? I am combining this weeks TCP challenge with another...The Color Throwdown #143!

My optional colours used were a little sky blue for the airbrushed sky of course, and the nice lilac purple (looks more plum in the challenge pic, but that wasn't working, so I went lighter).


And here is a close-up of the stamped image- you can see the cloud airbrushing here..as you can see from the white outline around the oval, I left it in the nestie while airbrushing. I used a scrap scallop circle punch to make the clouds.


For this inside, I used one of the sentiments from 'And Baby Makes...'. The paper I used is a mish mash of scraps, and Jillibean Soup and Lillibee....CS, ribbon and olive button are SU!
Check out Alma's blog here for more details! Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Totally adorable, Jenny! :) He is super cute:)

Anonymous said...

So bright and beautiful! Love the paper pieced balloons and the beautiful airbrushed background!

Sarah Gough said...

so cute, love that airbrushed sky!

Jenny said...

Thanks All!!