Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kraftin Kimmie Preview {Day 1- Krafty Quotes #3!}


 
Hi All! As one of the April Guest Designers, I'm so excited to be able to bring you this months release samples for Kraftin Kimmie stamps...Today the DT and Guests are sampling Krafty Quotes #3! These are really neat stamps because they are very large and make putting together cards really quick and easy! Plus they are true Kimmie style and chalk full of SASS!! lol!
I used a quote from Gloria Steinem for my card. I think it's kinda funny:)
I also used a sketch from Stamping Bella's Bellarific Friday. I flipped the oval the horizontally to fit my stamp.



I kept it pretty simple, obviously having the spotlight on the sentiment...I used Cosmo Crickets Circa 1930 paper, as I think the quote has that kind of era to it, when women seemed to be liberating themselves. The black strip joining all the papers vertically is a PTI die, the woman chipboard sticker is from the same CC collection and the flower is made using circle punches (distressed), topped with a button and SU twine double bow. I stamped the sentiment in Memento tuxedo black, cut it out using an oval nestie and distressed the edges with Colorbox Chalk Ink in 'toffee'. I matted that in a black scallop oval nestie die cut.

Here is a closeup of the tattered flower. I love the look of these and they are as easy on the pocketbook as you can get...just use those little scraps that you would otherwise throw in the trash. You don't even need a punch- since they are meant to look 'homemade' you can cut them out with scissors and it's completely okay that they aren't perfect!! Sometimes I spray them with water and then crumple and uncrumple, but here I just roughed them up a little dry and I think that they are just fine...a little crisper, but thats the look I wanted anyway:) Well, that's it for me! Drop by tomorrow for another Krafty Peek!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jenny...I love that paper with that quote...I think they go perfectly together!! Beautiful work!! Xx

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Beautiful creation, Jenny!! Love those papers and the combination of colours! LOVE the button embellishment....I think I'm going to have to give that a try!!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness...these papers and the chipboard sticker are PERFECT for this new Krafty Quote!! I love the tattered flower...like Kimmie, I think I'll have to try my hand at making one too! Gorgeous card Jenny!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I am lovin' that quote, but your card rocks!!!!! The colors are great and the vintage look is perfect!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous and I love that flower!

Amanda R said...

Love the flower and the black accents, very vintage and goes well with the sentiment!