Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TCPTUES152 & A Blog Hop!!

Hey everyone! I have to say that this has been one of the busiest weeks that I have ever had with work and stamping...throw in a few sick kids and me getting sick as well, on top of DH being gone at work. Well, you can just imagine my stress level!!!! I need therapy for sure- if only I had time for it (laying on that couch for an hour sounds awfully tempting- even of for nothing more than being able to put my feet up for an hour..do you think that they provide childminding??). Not that I am jabbing anyone that goes to therapy- I wasn't joking when I said that I need it. Probably most people do (for sure the ones I know).
So enough about my fragile mental health state...let's get onto some fun with The Cat's Pajamas! As you may or may not know, TCP released some fabulous new stamp sets and dies, as well as fun new twine colours last night on the SCS forum after their super swanky pajama party (pajama's optional, right Susan?? lol). I had been hoarding some CatCash from my last Swanky Stamper win, so I got to work shopping asap...Today the DT and me (Oh yeah- I'm cool by association) are doing a fun little Blog hop to showcase some of the new sets!! And we are incorporating TCP Tuesday- make a shaped card-  into the festivities!
You should have arrived at my humble little blog via Susan's blog (I know- her's is prettier than mine, but what is a computer illiterate girl to do?). If you just stumbled on by, then be sure to go back to the beginning at Julie's blog and start from their!
For my card, I used my cricut and made this little cupcake cutie! I used TCP's new 'A Girl and Her Cake' stamp set, as well as the Icing and Apron Border cutup dies.

You ever have those times when a card is wildly amazing in your head, but the plan just won't covert into paper? This was that card for me..I dreamed it up so much prettier, but hey- you can't always be perfect (only most of the time;). I think it's the coral or gauva (can't remember) colour that's throwing me off! I used some new MME paper, old SU ribbon and brown apron die for the 'cup' trim and of course my birthday bunny coloured with copics, paper-pieced, glossed and glittered up with a healthy dose of chocolate frosting on her matching little cake:) For the cake portion of the cupcake, I embossed the coral colour with a swirly cuttlebug folder, added some white piping with the icing die (a match made in heaven), added some glitter and CE, a red button and green bakers twine for the cherry and stem on the top! The large cupcake front is mounted on a little square brown cardbase.




Well, there you have it crafty friends! I am going to take a few days 'off' from stamping (not cuz I want to, but because I need too), but I will be back in a few to show you something new! Now get going to the next stop on the hop, the newest member of the Cat Pack, the amazingly talented, colouring wonder of the world, Tori Wild! And thanks so much for 'hopping' on by!

Jenny

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved how you used the TCP CutUps die to make the icing! Totally looks like the hostess cupcake swirls! :)

Mary J said...

Very sweet (geddit?!!) Brilliant card!

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a cate shaped card. You've done a great job with the TCP guest designer gig. Hope you get the rest and relaxation you deserve.

Unknown said...

ULTRA FAB Jenny!! What a super idea and such a great shape! I love the button cherry and the Icing Border is PERFECT!! Super job Jenny - loved having you play along with us!! :)

Leigh OBrien said...

THE icing on the cake...SA-WEEEET!

Lisa H. said...

soooo cute! love this. great job this week.

toners said...

Love this! Those layers on the cake are beautiful! Super job :)

Alma de la Rosa said...

This is just terrific. I would love a cupcake that big. It would make me soo happy. Love the button as a cherry. Too Cute.

Evette K. said...

Hey there gf...you did good!!! Just love that cupcake with the bunny on it and all the great colored paper and embellishments. Wow great creation. Hugs.

Tracy said...

I think you nailed it Jenny! What's not to love?? TCP & cupcakes sprinkled with your amazing creativity = perfection!!

Hugs,
Tracy

Mandi said...

Great job!

Lisa T said...

So sweet! (Pardon the pun, lol.) Love how you used the Apron and Icing dies to mimic frosting.

anni said...

So Cute!! Love that big cupcake shape!!

Unknown said...

GREAT card, Jenny! I love the cherry button with the stem! and the chocolate icing looks too real, YUM:)

DG said...

OH WOW that cupcake is so fabulous and so creative. The cherry button is so cute too. Great great card!!!!

Michele Boyer said...

You might be stressed and sick but this card is AMAZING (as usual), Jenny! I love everything about it! I hope things calm down and that you feel better soon!