Thursday, February 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby!!!

Howdy friends! Well, another work week has wrapped up for me:) Two more weeks on this contract and then we are off to Mexico for a week!!! YAY!!! Yesterday was my oldests 7th birthday!!! It was actually a pretty crappy bday for him...I felt bad:( I have to leave for work long before anyone wakes up, so I didn't even get to see him and wish him a happy day in the morning...he asked me if I could bring in cupcakes to school like the other moms do, and of course that was a 'No' being that I leave for work just before 6 and don't get home until 4.....but I did pack a little wrapped up present in his backpack to surprise him with.  I found a few balloons in the junk drawer and made his favorite food (pizza) for supper and Jake and my super sweet sister in law/ babysitter made some dinosaur cupcakes to surprise him with. So I guess it wasn't that bad all in all! I made him this card using last month SFYTT.
Not super-thrilled with the way this card turned out....far too much green!! LOL But I was in a hurry, so I just went with it. I stamped and masked the little toys in the wagon, coloured it all with copics, added grass. There are lots of brads (and some in the wagon wheels) and I added some paper peircing- which I never do- for some added visual interest. I cut the sentiment out with a spellbinders label die and pierced around the inside of the die before removing it from the paper to keep it nice and straight;) The felt cloud is cut from a MFT die and the green cord button is SU. I used some TCP divine twine to tie the button. The DP is BasicGrey's Marjolaine. I used kiwi kiss and brocade blue CS from Stampin Up. Both the little 'wyatt' stamp and the 'happy birthday' sentiment are MFT (the HB is from Little Loveosaurus). I used my new label die from MFT for the inside, added some repetative dinosaurs, the sentiment and some brads. Viola! Not too hard and Ryan thought it was pretty cool (see the icing on the left side of the inside?)! I didn't write on it....wanted to take the pic first and then forgot;) Jake stamped a card for his brother too! I'll post that one next time:)
See you soon!

3 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

Such an adorable card!!! And IMO it's not too much green!!

Michele Boyer said...

This is so VERY cute in every single way! I love ALL of your details (as always)!

Vickie Z said...

Adorable... err, should I say handsome no, Awesome card!! Not too much green at all-perfect in every way!!