Friday, November 12, 2010

Ewe Make me Feel Warm & Toasty

Hello! Not much excitement to report around here lately....Ryan has a 4 day weekend, so we are just spending Remeberance Day relaxing and enjoying the freedom that our Soldiers are fighting for every day!! God Bless them all!!
This card is inspired by the TCP Tuesday challenge for this week. Sketch challenges are one of my favs (along with colour challenges). This is a great sketch by Alma. It is a square card that works any way you flip it! And flip it I did;)
Here is the sketch:

I used this sweet little sheep set that I had gotten for Octobers Swanky Stamper and had yet to ink up. I am smitten with this little ewe!! I sure am hoping that there are more coming for the next release!! Fingers and toes crossed! Wouldn't she be cute decorating a Christmas tree, riding a sled....endless possibilities!
I coloured her with my copics and a little pencil on the ground for shading. The edges of the cut panel were sponged to soften. I paper pieced her scarf and 'pockets' (soooo cute:) and then added some unravelled rope twine for the scarf fringe....this is probably my favorite part of the card and the idea litterally came by accident! I was threading the button with rope twine and thought 'damn this rope twine, its always unravelling...how's a person supposed to thread a button with all these little bits of thread poking out everywhere?"LOL- then the little lightbulb went off, just like in the cartoons!! Haha!
I used the deckled nestie die in various sizes to make the main panel, the green lrg panel and the sentiment tag panels on the side. I stamped the sentiment on dp, which is not my usual way, but its good to try and stretch your comfort zone now and again;) I also stamped a cute little berry stamp in Cherry Cobler ink right onto the twill. It looked a little stark without it, and I really wanted to use twill, so this was a good solution! The snowflakes dies are from SU. I cut the one out of felt and it ended up being really fragile, so I backed it with CS..the other was just cut out of the cream CS. I put a nice red button and rope twine (separated into three threads) bow on top of the snowflake layers. The sheep panel and the green rectangle panel are both popped up on dimensionals. 
I used the same gorgeous dp that was sitting on my desk from the last card...I think this is such a beautiful collection! I highly recomend it if you haven't bought it for yourself yet;) The inside baja breeze strip was ran through the new snowflake embossing folder. The edge of the red panel on both the front and inside, was punched using a SU pinking hearts border punch.

Recipe:
Stamps: The Cats Pajama's, holly berry (SU)
Ink: Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox chalk ink- toffee
CS: SU (baja breeze), TE (choice buttercream)
DP: My Minds Eye (Holly Jolly)
Other: twill, rope twine (SU), deckled rectangles (spellbinders), punch (SU), embossing folder (SU), snowflake dies (SU), felt (MFT), button (unkown), Copics,



2 comments:

Suzie said...

Jen you constantly amaze me...don't quite know how you do it all. Your cards are A-MAZING! It almost makes me want to do stampin up. LOVE IT GIRL!

Michele Boyer said...

This is totally adorable! And thanks for the reminder...I have this set and had no time to use it. Now I HAVE to! :)