Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Flopsey, Tea and a Shady Tree & some good news too!!!!!

Oh my. Today has been one of those days where it has been almost impossible to get a card done. And...it's MFT's October DT Challenge (MFGUESTDT1010) due day!! But I did manage to get mine done in time (barely;) The cahllenge was to use the colours raspberry, lime green and aqua with optional yellow.
I used MFT's Tea with Flopsey, coloured him with copics, and shaded with a prismacolour pencil. I added clearr spica glitter pen to the teacup and his nose. The image is cut out with spellbinders die. The scallop panels running vertically are MFT dies. The large flower and small raspberry flower are SU paper daisys that I died with my reinkers to make a tie-dye looking flower. The center button is a TCP button die, as I had no buttons in my stash that matched, so I cut my own button out of 4 layers of razzleberry CS. the DP is SU and Basic Grey. I attached small paper daisys and punched flowers to the tree and glued pearls in the centers. Not sure where the aqua crochet ribbon came from. Not super thrilled with the way this turned out, and I think its the dyed flower?? doesn't match great, but I had to mix colours to try and come as close as I could:) Oh well, there are some really beautiful cards in the gallery for the challenge, so some lucky gal will be winning an amazing prize pcakage...maybe someday it will be me!!




2 comments:

Lisa H. said...

you flopsy is soooo cute and colored so well. love the shading.

Michele Boyer said...

This is SOOOOO pretty and your coloring is AMAZING!