Saturday, August 14, 2010

Holiday Beach Bum

Hi everyone!! Hope you are all having a great Saturday! We went into the city and took our 2 oldest boys to 'Walking With Dinosaurs'- It was great and they loved it! We did a little shopping and I got some new lululemon ( a treat when you live in the middle of nowhere) and ate at Calgary's famous Peters Drive-In...Mmmmm!!!! Tomorrow we leave for BC (first week in the Shuswap and 2nd week in Victoria), so no posts for awhile. Here is my card, inspired by our trip and the 35 degree celsius weather they are forcasting:)

I stamped this little cutie, coloured her with copics, popped her up on dimensionals on top of circle nesties(sponged) and stamped and cut out her little shovel, sand bucket and seashell.
She has a little paper-pieced swimsuit in the same pattern as the center panel.
The panels are layered over wide striped ribbon with a corduroy orange brad and yellow button layered over the knot. I love how this card turned out and love using bold, bright colours on girl cards instead of the typical pink/purple.

Notice my new watermark?? I picked them up at Karen Girons blog. My hubby came to my rescue again and helped me with the process, although he figured that it was a pretty easy job...so I'm sure anyone but me could figure it out with no problems! lol!!




Supplies:
Stamp: Beach Bum (MFT)
Ink: Memento- tuxedo black, tangelo, cantaloupe
CS: SU
DP: Basic Grey- Lime Rickey
Ribbon: SU
Buttons: SU
Dies: Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities
Copics: Skin- E0000, E00, E01
Hair- E57, E59, Bo4(bow)
shovel: YR15, YR18, shell: E55, E57
bucket: G23, G25
Other: dimensionals, sponges, bigshot

2 comments:

Mandi said...

She reminds me a little of Elliot! Great card! Lovin' the watermark...so professional!

Jenny said...

yeah- she reminded me of elli too!!!! Thanks!